Tuesday, February 15, 2005

books on tape

Last evening C. surprised me by bringing around a tape player (remember these?) and a bag of ten books on tape. Just what I needed to help get through the next couple weeks, yay! Another friend from back in the US e-mailed yesterday that she had also sent an audio book from amazon (thanks again B.!), so I have that to look forward to receiving as well. With these easy-"read" books and having a personal chef and dog walker, I may get used to this reposo absoluto....no, just kidding. Can't wait to get back on my feet. I spent my free hour on Sunday with L. and M.A. It was such a beautiful Spring-like day that we went to the square for a coffee and a little sunshine. Today I went out on my own for the first time but to do less fun things, ie, go to the bank, pay bills, etc. That said, it was a fun excursion. It appears everyone in the village knows about my retina and my operation because there were words of encouragement everywhere I went. You've got to love this aspect of small-town life. True to form, when I skyped Big Jim last evening he was weepy. He's been in Pakistan for two months now, and we have both been through a lot during that time. His visit in two weeks is just what we both need. :-) Okay, off to listen to "Death by Drowning". hasta manana, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home