Monday, February 14, 2005

10 things i love about big jim

I have never been one for Hallmarky holidays, but in honor of St. Valentine, here is a "top 10" tribute to Big Jim.

  1. He still makes me gushy (and hence do lists like this one :-)
  2. He is one of the most generous people I have ever met....to me, to my family, and our friends
  3. He is a tremendously good cook, always able to whip up something fabulous from whatever we have in the kitchen (BJ, hereafter I will never mention the curried fish-stuffed pancakes ;-)
  4. He is also an excellent nursemaid, when these service are required. He is very good with the teas and lemon and honey, toast and crackers, and generally being a sympathetic spirit
  5. He is an absolutely great friend
  6. He is not afraid to cry; whenever we watch a sentimental movie, it's a tossup who will turn on their sprinklers first
  7. He is a really hard worker; this is of course important to me and my PA Dutch work ethic. When he starts a project, he completely devotes himself to it
  8. A former boyfriend's mother once described me (negatively) as a "free spirit"; Big Jim doesn't run away from this; rather, he embraces this aspect of my personality completely
  9. His kind and caring gestures, like the way he always manages to secretly fill my hot water bottle, wrap my PJs around it, and tuck in the bed, so that all are toasty warm when I get sleepy
  10. His morning "bed head", which makes him look so cute I often beg him not to comb it :-)

xxoo, mylifeinspain