Tuesday, February 01, 2005

10 more days...

of reposo absoluto! Was at the doctors today for a checkup. All looks very good. The retina remains in place, no sign of cataracts, but I have 10 more days of bedrest, with just an hour a day to get up and around. I am also off the antibiotic tablets and only have to take one pain pill a day instead of two. The eyedrop regimen remains the same. I also need not bandage the eye anymore, but I have to wear sunglasses at all times. Was nice to just get out of the house today and get some sun on the bones. After the doctor visit, D. and U. and I stopped at a cafe on the coast in Caleta for lunch, which was a real treat. While I was away, C. surprised me and cleaned the house....vacuumed, mopped, dusted, the whole nine yards. I haven't been able to do any of these things for more than two weeks now, and with two dogs and a kitty, the house needed some care. I could not have better friends. When I am well enough to celebrate properly, I must treat all of them to a very nice dinner out. Not only have people walked the dogs, brought me food, driven me to all of my eye appointments, they also have done my banking and picked up groceries and medicine whenever I have needed something. And now cleaned my house. Really kind folks here.... The doctors did tell me today I will probably need to get new glasses and contact lenses for my right eye. Currently my prescription is something like 10.75 (yes, I am incredibly nearsighted), and they reckon it will be more like 11 or 12 postsurgery. Still if this is the worst of worries vision-wise, I'll take it. With much chagrin I am off to have yet another nap. I have had more siestas in the past two weeks than in the entire three years I spent previously in Spain! hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home