Thursday, February 03, 2005

retreat

Was worn out yesterday from my excursion Tuesday to see the doctors. I suppose I have to admit my body is not quite up to jumping right back into my normal routine. My friend M. Skyped me yesterday, which was a nice surprise. She suggested rather than looking at my absolute repose as a "confinement" that I should consider it a cheaper version of one of those meditative "retreats" celebs pay big bucks to go on. This idea is not so far a stretch, really. The quality of the food people have been making for me is excellent. In the past few days, I have had salmon in a nice dill sauce, Thai curried chicken, shepherd's pie, and last night steak in a green pepper sauce with a beautiful salad, including some of the season's first strawberries. It is a pleasure to stare at the freshly vacuumed Moroccan carpet rather than the dog hair-covered version I had been looking at. When not listening to NPR and BBC radio, I have had plenty of time to think. I keep a notebook next to the sofa so that I can easily jot down ideas and make plans for things I want to do when I can finally get back to my normal routine. There is planting to do on the terrace; there are new recipes to try, an office that needs to be organized. trips that need to be planned. How many times do we say to ourselves "If only I had a week to just do nothing." Well, I have been granted my week (and then some), so I may as well make the best of it. hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home