Sunday, February 06, 2005

superbowl mania in the village

...is nonexistent, believe it or not. No one here making vats of sloppy joes and chicken wings for their Superbowl parties; no one ordering kegs of Budweiser for the guests; no discussion of whether the halftime performer Paul McCartney will disrobe; no anticipation of the strange and weird commercial ads that always are shown between touchdowns and punts. No, this village is one surefire Superbowl-free zone, with the exception of our little house. I don't have any chili on the stove or beer cooling in the fridge, but that's okay. All I need is my Internet connection so that I can listen to the game live, although I will probably have to take a nap this afternoon. This is one night when the time difference is a bit of a pain. I will try to keep my cheers and groans (hopefully there will be very few groans) to a minimum as to not worry or wake up the neighbors. And tomorrow the village will wake up and hear on the morning news that the Philadelphia Eagles are the Superbowl champions (because the football gods know its their year). Most will respond to this with a shrug of indifference, but in Calle Salares there will be one person still asleep with a smile on her face. Go Iggles!, as the natives say. :-) hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home