Thursday, January 27, 2005

fighting the boredom/snow!

C. was just by to take the dogs for their morning walk, and he informed me it had snowed during the night! I looked out the kitchen window, and sure enough our little palm is covered with snow. The wind chill is at about 15 degree F, which is just unheard of here. And before you proper Western people say, "That's nothing" remember we have no central heat! I'm toasty, though, in the lounge with the estufa and the pups and kitty cat keeping me company. I am feeling better, not so much pain anymore. The first couple days were the hardest because the eye muscles were sore, and everytime I tried to use my left eye, my right eye moved as well, resulting in an "AGH" response from me. But things seem to be healing well and/or the pain killers have kicked in. I am currently using two kinds of eye drops, an antiinflammatory and an antibiotic, and taking two kinds of tablets, another antibiotic and a moderate pain killer. My body is getting tired of doing nothing, but otherwise I am doing okay. My time on the computer is very limited, so I haven't been able to do much e-mailing. I have tried to do a little book reading, but that still is difficult because I can't scan up and down the pages properly...must look downward at all times. I have seen no faces, just shoes, for a week now. My friend U. washed my hair for me Monday, which made me feel a lot better, and C. has been doing most of my meals. It's just so weird for me to not be able to do any of these things for myself. But I have just had to accept this is my world for the next week or so. I am keeping notes so that I can provide a complete recap when I am able. Okay, my time is up. I am allowed 20 minutes, three times a day, to do "normal" things, ie, brush my teeth, get dressed, etc. Thanks everyone again for the kind messages. I am very lucky I went to the doctor when I did or I could have very well lost the vision in my right eye. The neighbors are also watching out for me. When I returned from the doctor Monday, they were all outside waiting for an update. Almendena can see me in the lounge from her kitchen window, so should I need anything, I only need to call for her. Mr. James is doing okay as well. He was a bit stressed for a few days, but he now is enjoying telling me amusing stories via Skype to help me pass the time. I'll write again soon. hasta luego, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home