Friday, January 28, 2005

big chill/happy friday!

All of Spain is still in deep freeze. Soon after I finished my post yesterday the full extent of the village's bill chill became evident. Water pipes began to burst in houses all around me. Thankfully Calle Salares 4 was spared. Anyone with even the most basic plumbing skills was called out to help with the mess. Despite the clear sunny skies, umbrellas were needed to walk through the streets because of the runoff from cracked rooftop depositos. I had a busy day yesterday with visits from M.A., L., and U. As much as I appreciated their company, I was worn out by the time they all had left. I don't know whether the medication is making me sleepy or whether my body is working overtime to heal itself, but I am finding both morning and afternoon naps now part of my routine. This is on top of 8 or 9 hours of sleep at night. I checked out my eye this morning. It is slightly less red, which made me happy. I also am beginning to be able to see a little. Images are still out of focus and dark and shadowy, but I can see. And best of all, no more blind spot! Most of my vision should come back within the first month, but it may take two full months before I know precisely how much was saved. All signs have been positive for a near 100% recovery, which makes me very happy. I tend to be most chipper in the morning, when my eye is fully rested, but then become more pathetic as the day goes on and my eye muscles begin to tire. I better understand now while people with ailments tend to talk about them so much; these sorts of things tend to consume one's world as they are experienced. Pretty much everything I do these days is done with consideration of my eye. Very strange indeed, but it is an experience that will make me sincerely more empathetic of others going through health challenges of their own. Have a great weekend, everyone. Stay well! An on the mend mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home