Friday, February 25, 2005

friday time waster

My friend B. e-mails these questions to her friends every year. Most of the time, most of us never bother to respond to her because we are bad and lazy friends. The premise is you delete your friend's answers, complete the questions yourself, e-mail to all of your friends, and ask them to do the same, returning their responses to you. You think you know everything there is to know about your friends, but do you? :-) Anyway, I have skipped the e-mail step and just posted my responses here. 1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:15 am 2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, my birthstone 3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason---amusing but not as good as the first movie or the books for that matter. 4. What is your favorite TV show? Don't have one anymore because only use TV for watching DVDs, ie no cable, no satellite, and the 2.5 Spanish stations we can tune in are crap. 5. What did you have for breakfast? Haven't had it yet, but it will be two pieces of toast with butter/Marmite and Actimel, which is a Bio/yogurty sort of drink. 6. What is your middle name? Suzanne 7. Favorite cuisine? Jeez, I love 'em all. But if backed into a corner, I would have to say Vietnamese. 8. What foods do you dislike? (Most) organ meats (I do like a good pate), chocolate/orange dessert combos (makes my face scrunch up), the horribly smelling aged Swiss cheese that Big Jim insists on keeping in the fridge (think it's called "tete du monde"; correction, I have checked and the correct name is "tete du moine"....would not want to offend any stinky cheese fans). 9. What is your favorite crisp (potato chip) flavor? I like plain Spanish chips, which are done in olive oil. 10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Tossup of several....Best of Guided by Voices, the John Doe Thing, Aimee Mann, and Vienna Teng, when I need something girly. 11. What kind of car? the much-bitched-about Peugeot 405 12. Favorite sandwich? Plain tuna in olive oil with roasted red peppers, or my homemade egg salad 13. What characteristic do you despise? In general, mean people, particularly the greedy selfish sorts; currently, those who insist that my detached retina occurred because I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, particularly those who continue to insist this is the case despite my presentation of the medical evidence that correctly identifies the true source of the problem, ie my high myopia. I finally shut up someone yesterday by telling them about my neighbor Placido, who had the same problem in the same eye as I and he's a campo farmer who has never sat in front of a computer but also is extremely myopic. Admittedly I am getting too sensitive about this, but people who have this almost "blame the victim" mentality about all illnesses get under my skin. True, some medical problems can be avoided by general healthy living, but OTHERS JUST HAPPEN PEOPLE!!!! 14. Favorite item of clothing? Black cashmere turtleneck (other wool makes me itchy, but see #17 for my shopping tip on buying better clothes at bargain prices) 15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go? I have goal to visit every continent before I croak; the next "big" trip Big Jim and I are planning is to Bhutan... 16. What color is your bathroom? Blue and white tile 17. Favorite brand of clothing? Oilily and Marc Jacobs *I hardly buy anything retail anymore, except at end-of-season, rock bottom sales; just about everything in my closet now has come from eBay. 18. Where would you retire to? Not sure yet. In a perfect world, I would like to have a place here in Spain and an old farmhouse back in PA Dutchland. 19. Favorite time of the day? Between 4 and 5 am, when the rest of the world is asleep and all is still and quiet. 20. What was your most memorable birthday? 21....I turned 21 during the middle of the Seville feria. 21. Where were you born? West Reading, PA 22. Favorite sport to watch? Football, both American and Real Madrid (because the boys are so pretty, w/ the exception of Ronaldo) 23. What fabric detergent do you use? Colon. Seriously. It's a common Spanish brand. 24. Are you a morning person or a night person? Used to be morning person back in the US. In Spain, I follow the sun. In the summer, I am usually up by 6:30 am but also go to bed later because sun does not set until after 10 pm; in the winter, it's difficult to get up before 9 am because it is still dark. 25. What is your shoe size? 7.5 US/38 Euro 26. Do you have any pets? Two pups/one aged diva kitty 27. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with friends and family? Three days until Big Jim is back in Spain! But you all already knew that. :-) 28. What did you want to be when you were little? Writer or lawyer; I also wrote an essay in 6th grade on why I should be the first woman president. That aspiration was very short lived. :-) Happy Friday! mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home