Saturday, February 26, 2005

day 39

Today is day 39 of "it's all about my eye". I am a bit perturbed with my doctors' office staff. After my last visit with Dr. Rubio, I waited for 40 minutes at the reception desk to make my next follow-up appointment. Typically, there are two or three receptionists working, but that day it was just the one woman. So I was patient because I realized she was doing her best, given the circumstances. When she finally directed her attention to me, she told me she was too busy to schedule my appointment then, that she would call me. Fine, I told her, no problem. Well, I waited a few days for her to call, but nada. This week I decided I had waited long enough. I tried several days to make the appointment, but the line was always engaged or no one answered. Finally, yesterday I got through, and the same woman now tells me I cannot see the doctor until March 16th! I explained to her the situation, and that I was not scheduling a full exam, just a quick follow-up visit for my retinal surgery, one that she was to have arranged for this coming week. Impossible, she tells me, I will simply have to wait until March 16. I hung up the phone and was really angry. Fortunately, my healing is progressing as it should, with more vision returning every day and the bubble continuing to shrink, but I don't feel comfortable altering my activity at all until I get the okay from the doctors. Which means I have to continue depending on people to handle most of my daily tasks. Good job Big Jim returns in a couple days, so that C. can have a long break. But it is still crappy, and I am going to mention my disappointment to the doctor when I next see him. Anyway, enough rant for now. Here's a cute picture of the kitty. :-)
Prefrost, C.K. having a siesta in the roof garden. She's sleeping in an old bucket, in which Big Jim plants his peppers. When you wander around the village, you find that all the houses with the pretty painted pots outside belong to foreigners. So in our attempt to create a garden mas autentico, we have adapted a more Spanish approach, ie, plant in anything you've got. Therefore, our planting containers are a hodgepodge of old buckets, plain terra cotta pots, empty water bottles that we've cut the tops off of, and antiquey proper pots that we have picked up at boot sales or salvaged from the basura. We like the way it has turned out. :-) The second picture is from one of my last trips out to the goat track. I do miss it. If the weather is nice tomorrow morning, I am going to accompany C. and the dogs, just for a bit of fresh air.
View toward the Med from the goat track. hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home