Tuesday, January 04, 2005

omaopa

Am spending my last couple days with my parents in PA Dutchland. Had a great New Year's weekend with my sister's family in Maryland. Chuckie Cheese was a big hit with Cora, and I have to say, pretty good pizza there. Sunday I visited my college friend Claudia and her family in the Poconos. She and her husband have just moved into a great new house, just down the road from my old Girl Scout camp Mosey Wood...had total flashback of situpons and smores over the fire, etc. Finally met Claudia's daughter Abby, who will be two next month. Real cutie, too. Last night Cora called us on the telephone, completely her idea to call "omaopa". I was amazed to have a twenty-minute conversation with her....she's only two and a half, but in the past couple of months has begun speaking in sentences, and she talks constantly. She didn't want to give the phone back to my sister either...imagine how she will be when she hits her preteen years! Especially because Cora looks like a very young Reese Witherspoon. Mr. James had a nice New Year's, pretty tame as he was at work at 7 am the next day. Is still loving Pakistan, and his Pindi cough has finally subsided. Received short message from him today that he has moved into a guesthouse, which I think will provide an even more interesting experience, living with a family, etc. Am looking forward to returning to the village and being reunited with our family of pets and seeing M.A. and C. and the rest of the village characters. On the other hand, there have already been many tearful good-byes, and leaving my parents is never easy. I am very much looking forward to 2005. Life is looking so up for Mr. James and me, and for that I am very grateful. I am excited about pursuing some of the things that I have had to put on the back burner for the past few years and to be able to give more of myself back to the world. It has been a wonderful trip here, so many reminders of how lucky we are to have such supportive friends and family. They make returning to Spain and our dreams there far more easier...and possible really. Will write again next from Spain.... hasta luego, a truly blessed mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home