Monday, January 10, 2005

back to work

It's back to work and back to school for everyone in the village today, including me. I am ready to get back to it actually. I have a couple of busy weeks coming up as I finish the final projects for my one client. After I resigned, the editor asked what if anything the company could have done better. I was truthful, which is often not a good approach in the business world, and stated the 35% pay decrease, the slow payments, etc. as my main reasons. I suppose the editor didn't like my response because I have received no reply. Oh well. I have been busy this weekend catching up with the neighbors and M.A. Friday night, one of the local bars had a fundraiser for the tsunami relief. They have raised 1300 euros so far, which I think is quite good. In addition to accepting donations, they hosted a raffle. Everyone brought an unwanted Christmas gift for the prizes. I won a bottle of not-so-bad perfume. Last night M.A. and I went out for dinner. We had planned to go to the Indian restaurant in the neighboring village, but in the end neither of us felt like driving, so we went to our regular place in town. M.A. dared to order the chimichanga, and I had grilled swordfish. Braving the scale yesterday for the first time post--US tour, I found myself 2 kg heavier than before my trip; therefore, I skipped a starter and brought a bit of the fish back for C.K. My ever-finicky cat decided while I was away she no longer wanted to eat canned food, this after 18 months of only eating wet food because she had then begun to refuse dry food. Now that I'm back, she's eating both. That's a cat for you. hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home