Friday, August 19, 2005

happy friday/another post office rant

It's 3:30, and I am still in my pj's (although, Dad, it is technically considered "loungewear" so don't have a coronary). Ahh, vacation bliss. It's another overcast day in the south of Spain, so we cancelled the beach excursion so that Big Jim could do some computer maintenance and I could putter. We are going to the garden center in a little while, though, so I will eventually achieve something today. Apparently, the village post office is also lounging about this summer. Wednesday I went there in search of our telephone bill. It is usually due the 18th/19th of the month, and as of the 17th, we still hadn't received it. Eventually, Gabriela dug it out from a huge stack, and I was glad I had gone to retrieve it because the bill was indeed due the 18th. And because the bank accepts payments on only Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8:30 and 10:30 am, I had only one day to pay our factura before the evil Telefonica people would shut off our service. Judging by the remaining pile of similar bills, I wonder how many people in the village are finding themselves without telephone action today.... Anyway, my visit must have reminded Gabriela and Co. to deliver the post to our street because yesterday when we returned from the beach we actually found three bits of mail in our postbox. One was a bank deposit notice dated July 15; the second was a letter from Telefonica announcing increased speed on our ADSL line dated July 18; and the third was our electric bill from JUNE, dated as received in the local post office on July 7, for which I paid after receiving the late notice 3 WEEKS AGO! This has to be violating some sort of postal law, no? And shouldn't these obviously time-sensitive letters be made a delivery priority? Call me crazy, but I think the answer is YES! Gotta go. Big Jim has just announced T-30 minutes regarding our departure to the garden center. I am currently being overrun with pepper plants and need to buy a bunch of soil and many, many more pots. Hasta luego, mylifeinspain

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the same problems with the correos!!! :-(

Regarding your Telefonica and Endesa bills, why you don't do direct bank transfer? So you do not run in such problems.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home