Friday, August 05, 2005

friday fotos/garden (and other) updates

I haven't posted any garden photos in awhile, and so to prove to those of you who think I may have managed to kill off all of the greenery, I show you otherwise. :-)







and no photoblog would be complete without one cheeky dog pic. Most tend to be of Mr. Beebs; this is because the precious Boo is not too keen on cameras, so I have to be more sneaky. Mr. B., on the other hand, is a ham. In other news, Big Jim is feeling much better after last week's bout of dysentery. He has moved from "fart with caution" to "fart with confidence" status (my apologies for the commonspeak; his terms, not mine). Also, apparently my tourist visa to Pakistan has become a bit of an international incident. Today the Colonel is meeting with a foreign relations cabinet minister to secure written confirmation that my visa will be granted, so I went ahead and booked us a hotel in Madrid for later next week. However, I told Big Jim regardless of what happens with Mr. C., I refuse to let it ruin our little holiday. I will simply tell Mr. C. that I am cursing him and his wife (or husband, for that matter) to many long and miserable separations for the duration of their marriage, and then I'm off to the Prado. Worst case scenarios if Mr. C. refuses to bend, I either make a quick trip to the U.S. to get my visa there (found Air France ticket for 400 euros) or I cancel my flight for October (and lose 200 euros), get my visa when we are in the U.S. at Christmas, and visit Pakistan early next year. Three days until Big Jim is back!!!!! He currently is off gathering me supplies of pretzels (yes, crazy but he can easily buy good ole PA Dutch pretzels in Islamabad) and assorted cheap DVDs. Have a nice weekend, everyone. :-) Hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

3 Comments:

Blogger Lady Vanilla said...

I Like your pictures! Will you eat the chili?

11:53 AM  
Blogger mylifeinspain said...

thanks! and yes, we absolutely will eat the chili peppers. :-)

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home