Wednesday, May 04, 2005

frankfurt

Just a quick message from our friend T´s house as I have not quite mastered the German keyboard. Uneventful and safe flights for both of us and have had good fun visiting w/ T and his other houseguest J. T lives in Bornheim, which is a very neighborhoody section of the city...lots of interesting cafes, tree-lined streets, etc. The weather has been cooperating with us and surprised everyone with a sun-filled, albeit humid, day yesterday. Big Jim and I spent most of the day out shopping for wedding necessities...a dress for me and a bowtie and shirt (because I had forgotten his tuxedo shirt in Spain, silly me). My dress proved most problematic as we found many crappy dresses made of that fake material that feels almost like plastic and few of decent quality. But in the end, we got a good dress. Thankfully, I have a husband who enjoys shopping even more than I; 98% of other men would have given up in a huff hours before Big Jim showed any signs of weariness. We took a break at one point and sat on a bench to people watch. I lamented how I was tired of seeing so many crappy dresses, and a pigeon roosting above added his personal exclamation mark to my statement by dropping a load on my leg. I know, I know, this is supposed to be good luck, and perhaps it was because we did find the good dress shortly thereafter. :-) Off to do a little more shopping now and then it is off to the train station for our journey to Munich. hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home