Sunday, December 11, 2005

paper

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. And Big Jim and I, being nontraditional traditionalists, gave each other the old traditional first anniversary gift of paper.
my anniversary present to Big Jim...an oil painting of his beloved chili papers.
his anniversary present to me...a watercolor from 1903. I love it. Our first year as married people was challenging to say the least, but in the end we find ourselves more in love than ever. And I suppose that is what it's all about. But still we are only at paper, a fragile state that only requires a spark to create a fiery mess. We hug each other tighter, and husband peeks ahead on the anniversary gift chart. And the cheeky bugger's eyes light up when he sees the third-year gift is leather. ;-) hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home