Monday, July 18, 2005

hot

It's 1 am. I just checked the thermometer. It's 30.7 C in the house, and I am too hot to do the conversion to Fahrenheit for Americans (when will you all get with the metric program?!!). Take my word for it, as I am sitting here in my underwear with my ice packs, it's still hot. Spent a lovely, albeit eventful, evening with M.A., eating cold salmon and homemade sorbet and watching the helicopters and airplanes fight the wildfire that was inching eerily close to the village. Seems to be under control for now as the wind has died down considerably. Big Jim and A. managed to avoid kidnapping and all other assorted badness on their weekend trip to Kashmir and the Khyber Pass (http://www.afghan-network.net/Culture/khyber.html). They got as close to Afghanistan to be able to see the soldiers lining the border. Overall, an amazing experience says Big Jim. Can't wait to go myself in a couple months.... Okay, am taking my sun/heatstroked self to bed. More soon. hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home