Monday, June 06, 2005

gecko, gecko on the wall...

Last evening, as I was coming home from dinner with L. and M.A., I spotted my first gecko of the season. He was just a little guy, a youngster, perched outside above the kitchen window. Unfortunately, by the time I went inside to get the camera, he had scurried away. Perhaps he saw C.K. sitting inside, licking her chops at the thought of young gecko. Anyway, tonight I will be armed with camera and on official gecko watch. This morning I am going down to the coast. No, the car still is not finished. According to the woman last Tuesday, it should be ready later this week. Apparently, she went on vacation, and nobody followed her notes to order the mirrors. And then, of course, when she returned, the owner, who is the only person allowed to make the orders, went on vacation himself. Typical. So today I am hitching a ride with D. and U. because, now that the temperature is quickly on the rise, I want to check out these portable air conditioning units. I stopped by one of the electronic shops in the village last week, but their units were totally overpriced, and actually they had none in stock, so I would have had to wait for it to be ordered. And regular readers can guess the outcome of that one....in all likelihood the AC wouldn't arrive until, say August, when two thirds of the summer had already passed. So I must be off. Will write again soon. :-) hasta luego, mylifeinspain

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gecko watch! eggcellent. my brother has 2 as pets, pretty cool looking.

and i feel you on the heat. it's getting quite muggy here in philly and the temp is in the 90s lately, humidity in the 80%s or so. no AC for me right now either. when the AC unit is in the window in my apartment and it rains, the water leaks through somehow. so, just an open window and an oscillating fan for me.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home