Monday, November 08, 2004

sunny monday

Yes, you read right. I am trying to put the bad stuff from the past two weeks behind me and start the week with a sunnier disposition. I moved my laptop out of the office and into the tv lounge this weekend. Not really sure why. I like the office, but I just felt like I needed to change perspective. We had a quiet weekend. I've been working on finishing a book project (because I have a new one starting up today), and Big Jim has been doing some upgrades on the other computers to bring them into the twenty-first century. I had asked Big Jim to purchase a new digital camera before he returned from Amsterdam because the repairman deemed our old one not worth fixing. Turns out he had already bought one for my Christmas present. :-) I'm planning to take a bunch more pics and post them on the blog later this week. Also did some work on my NaNoWriMo project. Am woefully behind in my numbers at the moment, but there are still plenty of days in November to catch up! Big Jim made one of his Asian feasts Friday night: chicken corn noodle soup, stirfried chicken, and vegetables and pan-fried noodles. Amazingly good. He's also brought back some lemon grass plants to add to our collection of chili peppers on the roof terrace. It was sunny here all weekend, would have been a good time to take a trip to the coast. However, we are carless at the moment. Funny enough, we had planned to have the car serviced this month (it had been just over a year), and as we were coming up the mountain from the airport on Thursday, the clutch started slipping. So, as soon as we unloaded Big Jim's bags, the car went straight to the garage. No word on an estimate yet, but in keeping with the sunny Monday theme, we are being optimistic. :-) Saturday, a car with a loud PA system drove slowly through the village, announcing that there would be a screening of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ" that evening. Not fans of Mel Gibson, Big Jim and I took a pass on that one. I suspect it was well attended though. On Good Friday, the townfolk here reenact the Passion Play in the main square, the priest playing Jesus of course. He, carrying his cross, and the crowds then slowly make the trip to the top of the village, where a mock crucifixion takes place. Our friend C. likes to tell the story of how one year he arrived before the masses only to find the other two men already up on their crosses, one wearing sunglasses and the other smoking a cigarette. Only in Spain, only in Spain.... hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home