Tuesday, September 13, 2005

10 things i was going to write about the past week had it not sped by so quickly


1. This tiny, tiny baby gecko I found in our washroom one night.
Same little guy, but up close. Dig his Spiderman-like grips, so cool. 2. Took off work Friday afternoon to have long lunch with L. 3. Found out Big Jim's contract in Islamabad will officially end September 30, which is good because that means he can be tourist with me during my vacation in Pakistan (can you say "air safari over K2"...can't wait!). Also good because we hope he can find a new contract closer to home. He has started to apply for jobs and brushed off the CV. 4. We added Barcelona to our list of potential new places to move to. 5. Along with the pups, enjoyed clear sunny blue skies.

precious Boo
and Mr. Beebs 6. Went to the post office to retrieve a couple packages I know for sure are waiting (and waiting) to be delivered (and contain some time-sensitive material). After I wait in the queue for 15 minutes, a woman I have never seen there before tells me I have to come back another time because, see like, the package is in the back (yeah, so?) and she is busy waiting on people. As I stomp out perplexed, I spot the huge stacks of late notices from the electric company. It appears no one in the village hss received their initial electric bill again (myself included). This is bull *bleep*. 7. I bought three paintings from an English artist who lives in the village. Will post fotos after S. delivers them to the house later this week. 8. Meet one of the pups' new friends. She (Lady Bird) and her mate have recently moved into a space along the goat track.
Normally, she is up and about and likes to come to fence to greet us. And let me tell ya, Lady Bird is one, big bird. 9. Went to a birthday lunch for my neighbor R. on Sunday. His birthday is 9/11. His brother's birthday is 3/11 (day of the Madrid bombing, for those who have forgotten). Creepy. But the lunch was delicious. 10. My friends I. and R. from Norway have relocated to the village permanently. I. and Big Jim can have contests to see who can talk the most at dinner and who can make the best curry. Competition will be tight. :-) Hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home