Friday, September 24, 2004

tgif

I am feeling much better today. First, under pressure from various voter advocacy groups, the Pentagon announced yesterday afternoon that they were lifting the bans on the FVAP web site. That said, I still am unable to access the site, but according to Big Jim, who is learning much about how the Internet works (eg, the real reasons the Internet seems slower at times, etc.) at his new job, it could take a little while until all access has been restored. Second, in a personal leap of faith, I decided to make a small purchase from amazon.co.uk---nothing major, just a DVD I have been wanting since last November---my first completely frivolous purchase in a long time. We've booked Big Jim's visit flight for two weeks from today....very happy about that. He has rediscovered IM-ing....even long distance he has found a way to distract me from my work! He was also excited to receive his first pay stub this week. Although he doesn't actually get paid until next week, it was a very satisfying experience for him. :-) This weekend, Big Jim will continue his apartment search, and I've got a couple of social things planned. Tonight J. and M. have an opening at the art gallery, and tomorrow night our friend V. has invited me over for a swim in their new pool. She and her husband had permission to build the pool since the beginning of the year, but the first shark of a contractor tried to double the original quote, so they had to find another contractor and by that time he was booked up, etc., etc. Asi es la vida here. Fortunately, we are having a bit of a hot spell at the moment, so we can get a little swimming in before the serious rainy season begins. Which reminds me, I better order a couple of gas bottles soon for the estufa and the oven (there are no proper gas lines here, you see). Hasta manana, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home