Monday, September 27, 2004

the art of puttering/maroma pics

To putter: "do random, unplanned work or activities or spend time idly". I love to putter, and this is how I spent most of this weekend. What a joy. And I also managed to do many of the normally nagging tasks that have been left undone for so long, like straighten the linen shelves and sort out the pasta bin. I dug out some knitting patterns; this is how I spend the rainy Sunday evenings in the fall and winter....listening to the NFL games and knitting. L. and I have decided on a dog sweater pattern for her boxer and our Mr. Beebs, so this week I need to look for yarn. Saturday I took the dogs on a long walk in the campo, and I was delighted to find the autumn crocuses in bloom. They are very similar to those that announce spring in the east coast of the US, except they grow a bit closer to the ground. Seeing these flowers again reminded me of the trip Big Jim and I took a year ago with J., M., and M.A. up to Maroma. We drove part of the way in a Land Rover, and then hiked for several hours. Because of the weather, we had to turn back and did not summit the mountain that day. However, the views were still breath taking, and the purple crocuses somehow managed to cling to the loose earth despite the whipping winds. I've uploaded a few pictures from that day; you can access them via the photo album in the left column of the blog. Big Jim and I are still amazed that this is where we live! Beautiful or what? hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home