Monday, October 18, 2004

being a woman.../happy anniversary!

I think I first truly felt like a woman when I began to be able to find misplaced items for men. I believe I was 23 and the lost thing was a packet of guitar strings. Over the years, I have developed this skill, so much so that Big Jim actually called me from Holland Saturday morning to assist in finding his glasses. My first bit of advice was that he put on his sunglasses, which have prescriptive lenses, so that he could at least see properly. He called back five minutes later....couldn't find the sunglasses either, was convinced he had left them here on his visit. I told him, no I didn't think so. I remember them being on his "important" pile, along with his passport, and told him to look in the pockets of his leather coat, which he wore to the airport because there was no room for it in his suitcase. I also advised that he think again where he had last worn them....the night before,while reading, but he remembered taking them off because his eyes were tired. Simple, they had to be near to where he had been reading. Off he went to search again. Five minutes later, the phone rang again. Success! They were right by the reading lamp all along. Have a busy day today, deadline looming, so will have to be short and sweet. Quick shoutout to the parents, who celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary yesterday. Three kids, two dogs, one incontinent cat, many richers and poorers and sicknesses and healths, and they're still together. Sorry Big Jim and I missed the party, but we'll make up for it in December. :-) Rest of the weekend recap manana.... hasta luego, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home