Monday, November 29, 2004

blah

The turkey endorphins have worn off, and I'm left feeling just blah. The Thanksgiving meal turned out quite well and was very tasty. Perhaps in effort to re-create the tension felt at many forced familial gatherings, the host invited a couple of our English neighbors, who don't get along well with some of the other American guests. There was some almost comedic sniping between them, but for the most part people were on their best behavior. And now the Christmas buying bonanza begins. I confess I have no Christmas spirit this year. Big Jim and I may boycott the holiday entirely. We are talking of taking off to Granada for a couple days so that I can spend some time with my very missed friend---snow. Perhaps my mood will improve as the holiday nears; it often does. One thing I have decided is that I'm purchasing all the gifts from fair-trade companies, like Gear that Gives and American Apparel. If I am forced to be a consumer, I'm making sure I am supporting companies that pay their employees a living wage. Must get back to work and my deadline. Too much work and not enough play makes mylifeinspain a cranky girl. My apologies.... hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home