Monday, August 16, 2004

noche del vino, part I

Well, Big Jim and I managed to stay awake to see the last of the musical performances last night, um, I mean this morning. And wow, we were glad we did. Some amazing singing, inspired guitar playing, incredible dancing. I haven't seen such fabulous footwork since J.K. and I saw Savion Glover at the Merriam Theatre a few years ago. Great stuff. Big Jim and I also successfully avoided resacas (hangovers), which few in the village can say this morning (it's 11:30 am, and the town is dead quiet). Lured by the free alcohol, some of the tourists especially underestimated the strength of the local wine and were wobbly before the music even began. I had three little Dixie cup-sized glasses, which was plenty. Any more and I would probably still be in bed. :-) Big Jim and I have a few superbusy days ahead of us, so my blog entries will be on the short side this week. I will be adding details and highlights of the Noche del Vino during my work breaks and will also post the recipe for migas that I promised. hasta pronto, mylifeinspain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home